How to join the course Facebook group
Participating in our course Facebook group is completely optional, but it's a great way to interact with others taking the course, to get support as you work through the material, and ask questions or get suggestions about assistive tech and apps. We're all in this together!
We ask that you post your questions about assistive tech and apps in the Facebook group (rather than emailing us) because others may be struggling with the same questions that you are. This way, we all get to learn from each others' experiences! If you have a very unique question that we can't easily answer in the group, we may reply and ask you to email us instead.
Please DO use the Facebook group to:
- Make friends with fellow members of the course and cheer each other on
- Ask questions about assistive technology features or apps
- Ask questions about devices that you or your students are using
- Ask for suggestions or recommendations for apps or technology
- Tell us about any successes or struggles you're having with assistive tech
Please DO NOT use the Facebook group to:
- Tell us about technical problems you're having with the course, such as issues logging in. Check the help articles here, or email us at [email protected] and we'll be happy to help you out.
- Share any personally identifying information about children or their families. It's OK to tell us about the specific challenges that your students have, but please protect their privacy by not posting their real names.
How to join the Facebook group
When you join the Facebook group, you'll be presented with several questions. Please answer these questions fully. The purpose of these questions is to make sure that only people who have actually signed up to the course are in the group, so that discussions stay productive and we don't accidentally let in spammers.
We will ask you:
- Whether you've signed up for the course.
- The email address that you used to sign up for the course. This helps us match you up to our enrollment records.
- The name you used to sign up for the course. Many people use a different name or a nickname on Facebook, so this also helps us match you up to our enrollment records.
- Whether you agree to the rules of the group. This helps us ensure that the group and everyone in it are treated with respect.
If you applied to join the group but you have not been added within 72 hours, it's probably because you did not answer these questions and we were unable to verify that you're enrolled in the course.
Please request to join the group again and fill out all of the questions.